Wednesday 31 December 2014

31st December - Happy New Year To All

The weather since Christmas has been cold, frosty but with some beautiful sunshine.  The mornings have all been like this.



We have taken the opportunity to venture further a field, and the cold clear weather produced a wonderful day at Titchfield Haven, the details of which can be seen on the Away Blog.

As we reach the end of the year it is a time to look back on the past 12 months and look forward to the New Year and all it brings.  As far as the patch is concerned it would be nice to get that one hundredth bird, and there surely will be plenty of opportunity.

But for now lets look back on the last twelve months, and enjoy once again the amazing nature that can be found around Four Marks, if you just get out there and look



The music?  Well it is by Dean Wareham, and is called "Happy and Free (Jim James Remix)", somehow it just seemed appropriate.

The new year is a time for pondering and taking new decisions for the coming year.  I have intensely walked the patch for three years now, and I have enjoyed every minute of it, finding unusual things and watching the years unfold, however I now feel that I need to branch out a bit more.  I will not be abandoning Four Marks, far from it, but I want to spend a little more time enjoying nature further a field, there are many sites in Hampshire that I would like to see at the different times of the year, and of course beyond.  I will keep the "Around Four Marks" blog going, but may not be writing so many posts.  The "Away Blog" will record those days away from Four Marks, and I hope they will provide some interesting reading, and of course photographs


Happy New Year and I look forward to sharing my stories with you all in 2015.

2 comments:

  1. Great video reminding me what great pleasure I get from reading your very interesting blogs and looking at your fantastic pictures of the local wildlife and countryside. Best wishes for 2015

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your regular blogs with the inspiring photographs of all the wildlife. I have been delighted by it all during 2014 and look forward to more in 2015. Happy New Year and thank you for sharing your passion with others. Much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.